SOCIAL AND HISTORICAL ASPECTS OF MATHEMATICS
- The development of counting systems and notations.
- The development of notation and concepts in algebra.
- Changing systems of geometry from Euclid to Klein's programme.
- The development of calculus.
- The development of the foundations of mathematics.
- Group Presentation
Links to other History of Mathematics sites
- Modern applications of mathematics in science,technology and business.
- The development and influence of computers on mathematics.
- The social implications of mathematics.
- Other Topics.
For more information about the module please contact:
D Thompson (Module Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org, Room MU509, tel 321861
D Wilkinson email@example.com, Room MU517, tel 321452.
[ Comments ] [ Module Leader ]
These pages are maintained by M.I.Woodcock.